Sunday, November 23, 2008

movie - boom-boom - movie - movie

Its amazing how quickly the weeks are passing these days! Its already Sunday and seems like I just posted the previous entry yesterday. Another great yesterday!
The day started with conditioning practice for our wrestlers. We were at Cole Park again. Its about the only place south of San Antonio with something resembling a hill.

I was on a tight schedule. I had some errands to run and a lot of cleaning to get done. My mother was coming to visit and I had to get her "room" ready and clean up the dusty spare bathroom. But before her, I had another buddy coming for a special event on Saturday night.

Richard showed up around 3:30 or so. I had some last minute tidying up to do before we departed for Lilo's place. We were heading into an all night LOTR movie marathon. If you don't know what LOTR means then you don't really know me :-)

But I must confess.... I didn't sit through the whole marathon. About 2 hours into it I went down to Tango Tea Room for a drum circle. This one was as good as the last one. Lots of new dancing faces.... well, new to me anyway. There was only one belly dancer that I recognized from a couple months ago. There were about 6 girls dancing off and on. One of them was pretty good, as far as I can tell, anyway. I wouldn't know good belly dancing from mediocre. It was a full house with them dancing and about 10 drummers! What a blast!

Last month I took my newest drum (at the time). Some of the wind was let out of my sails when there were two others with exactly the same drum. So yesterday I took my oldest drum. Its an original. Its a hand made goat skin djembe. So I knew that no one would have the same one. It plays at a lower tone. I don't play very well anyway, but this drum makes it even harder for me to get varying degrees of timbre. Oh well. But the event was so much fun. I felt bad for leaving the marathon, esp. after I was so eager to do it. But in my defense I did not realize there would be a drum circle on the same night until the day before.

After the drum circle I returned to the marathon with the second movie just getting started. John & Brenda showed up and so I lost my comfy spot :-(. Oh well. The price I pay for leaving.
But it was no less cool! By about 6:00AM we wrapped things up and Richard & I left. I would have preferred to have stayed. I finally got comfortable. But the hostess evicted us :-)
Its all good!

So as I arrived back home, Richard went to sleep and I proceeded to doing some chores. Nothing special.... the usual stuff.... dishes, a load of laundry.... that sort of thing. Then around 9:00 I finally made it to bed. That was this morning, mind you. When you do all-nighters, the days really run together. I was able to get a bout 3 or 4 hours of sleep in before I gave up and just got up. Back to the chores.

So around 4:00 my mom comes rolling in with her car full of stuff for a garage sale. Go figure... I sweat and struggle to load all that stuff into a big ass truck and haul it North Carolina not 6 months ago only for her to drag half of it back here for a garage sale. Moms. What are you gonna do?

Anyway, so now my eyelids are getting heavy. I tried to start reading this book Lilo gave me to read, but after reading the first paragraph 4 times and still not remembering anything, I decided to screw it and just play on the computer for a little while. Maybe tomorrow.

Be well!

1 comment:

Lilaqua said...

i was pooped i thought and then i could not sleep for another 3 hours .... so you guys could have stayed but what do i know.... lol