Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ah, 7 miles today... in the rain!

Yes, we have rain... lots of it.
I always love the rain. I love rainy weather, especially on the weekend. One of my favorite things is to hang out on the couch with my girlfriend and lazily listen to the pattering of the rain on the roof. Oh wait... can't do that now... Too bad, I guess. Just one of the things I miss about being in a relationship. Its ok, though.... there will be another.... some day.

I had a great time yesterday hanging out with my friends playing board games. It ended up being an all day affair. If you enjoy playing board games with friends, raise your hand and say "I wanna play!" Now look around to make sure no one saw you :-)

The rain has been (almost) unrelenting today. It was slow enough this morning for me to go run.
I took Friday and Saturday off from running. This was the first time since I started running regularly that I took 2 consecutive days off. In an effort to make up for some of that I ran 7 miles today. The rain was light when I started. There was a brief period where it picked up considerably, but then it let up again. All in all I ran for about an hour and 10 minutes. But it was good.

Earlier this afternoon I took Talbot (one of my dogs in case you forgot) to the groomers for his appointment. The rain was heavy at the time and my street was literally covered with a sheet of water about 2 inches deep. So I made my way to Petsmart with Talbot. I had no trouble getting him in the truck. Getting him out was another story. As I was driving I suddenly got a small shower of rain inside my truck. I thought I left a window open, but Talbot decided it was a good time to shake the excess water off his coat. I never thought I'd need my umbrella inside the truck! hehe. As we arrived, after some creative maneuvering through the flooded parking lot at Moore Plaza, we learned that the store was closing on account of the access roads flooding. Great! But there is good news.... They rescheduled Talbot for next Sunday with a 15% discount on the grooming. Now that's customer service! Maybe it will flood again next week and they will reschedule again for another 15%! Yeah, wishful thinking. :-)

But its all good. The 15% will save me about 10 bucks. Nice!

So now I am home-bound. I have plenty to keep me busy. I brought school work... (yuck) but it needs to get done. I have a full week lined up for the kids and I need to have everything ready.
I would much rather have someone to hang out and relax with. Maybe someone that can rub my sore calves and hammies. Maybe next time.

Well, then... time to get my kitchen cleaned up.. get ready to make some chili for later. And with the laundry in the dryer I can get some school work done.

Until next time.... be well. Stay dry. And if you do happen to get wet... have fun with it!

No comments: