Wednesday, July 2, 2008

...here we are

Yesterday I set up my blog w/ Lilo's help.  As I'm learning about the tools I will be trying things.  But at present, I'm a bit nervous.  I suspect that I will be more nervous tomorrow... you see, I will be taking a little trip......    (<--- dots are for dramatic effect)         Did it work?

Anyway... I will be going to San Antonio tomorrow.  I might actually meet somone that knew my father.  You see, I really didn't know him.  I was 3 years old when he died.  He was an Army pilot in Vietnam and crashed.  There is an association of Vietnam helicopter pilots that have an annual reunion.  It started yesterday and goes until Sunday, July 6.  I learned about it recently when I received a phone call from seemingly nowhere... a friendly fellow named Hal.  (I hope he doesn't mind my using his name).  Hal also flew in Vietnam and was looking around for survivors and family members from Vietnam Vets.  Then he found me.  Through him I learned about the association and the reunion.  I will spare you the boring details of the emails and phone calls, but suffice it to say, Hal, and others, have been very supportive and informative.  I was invited to attend.  How could I say no.  So now I will.  We will see...




No comments: