Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Good Day

Today has been a good day so far. Actually the past few days have been good. Today I set my alarm early and by 7:15 I was beach bound with my little buddy, Talbot. I like going in the mornings before it gets too hot. The beach was carpeted with 25' wide swath of sea weed. At some points I sank into it up to my knees. Good thing I'm not squeamish. There was an abundance of crabs scuttling about. Some so small I could barely catch a glimpse as they darted around. Other as big as big as my outstretched hand. They didn't dart so much as scurry. Talbot was appropriately curious. He did well. There were few people around so he wasn't nervous. He minded well. He would trot off a little ways ahead and pause to look back to make sure I wasn't too far behind. I get the impression he thought I was too slow. Sorry little buddy, but I'd like to see how fast you move when you're 40! hehe By 10:00 we were packing up (Yes, I'm aware I said "we" as if he helped) I started sweating by 9:30.... just from sitting there. The water was warm, but I didn't spend much time there. Talbot was quite nervous as I went into waist deep water. So upon our return, I put Talbot inside the house and I commenced to doing some cleaning & mowing in the yard. By 2:00 it had been a very productive day. I rewarded myself with a nice 2 hour nap. So now I'm contemplating my evening. I think I will watch "The Golden Compass". I haven't watched it yet and I just d-loaded it. But I might go out with a friend. I called a friend and told him we have cause to celebrate and he needs to buy me a beer. Of course, I left him hanging as to why. I said he would have to wait until I have that beer! I'm so shrewd! hehe

As I was writing about Talbot, I got to thinking, I will do a little series on my critters for you. And I will start with Talbot since I have been talking about him. But I will do that later. For now, I will keep this light. :-)
Yes, it has been a good day.

Be well,
Stephan

1 comment:

Sabine said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

I personally would love to read more about your critters.